Neighbourhood Store Charity Clothes Swap - Wednesday 24th November
Back for the last time this year hosted by Neighbourhood Store Clothes Swap Dream Team and the lovely new Sussex Yacht Club, Shoreham. Get your tickets right here!
For this event we are donating all the proceeds from ticket sales back into our community, to Shoreham Food Bank. https://shoreham.foodbank.org.uk/
“The foodbank was there when we really needed it, it was an absolute lifeline.”
We don’t think anyone in our community should have to face going hungry. That’s why we provide three days’ nutritionally balanced emergency food and support to local people who are referred to us in crisis. We are part of a nationwide network of foodbanks, supported by The Trussell Trust, working to combat poverty and hunger across the UK.
Clothing Swaps are revolutionising the approach to fashion and it's a great way to get to know people in your community, make a night of it - it really is a great evening!
Here we go...
- DECLUTTER Clean out your closet and find items to swap
- ATTEND Bring unwanted but fab items in great condition
- SWAP Take home your favourites for free
- FEEL GREAT Relish new-to-you items and help a local *charity
We try to stick to timings but sometimes it over-runs slightly. Here is the plan nevertheless.
- 1815 - 1845hrs. Drop off clothes for sorting (max 10 items each). If you want the option to take any un-swapped clothes back at the end of the event you MUST label each item with your name before drop off.
- 1900 - 1930hrs. Talk about clothing sustainability whilst we get the clothes/ room set up . Don't fret it isn't a lecture, its informative and fun! Plus you can enjoy a cheeky drink.
- 1945hrs. Token collection (1 x token per item 2 x token for high end items)
- 19.45-21.00hrs. Get RIGHT in those clothes! Round up your chosen items and bring to the voucher counters to exchange with your tokens
THEM DA RULES! Rules you say? Just some simple ones, to help it run magically!
✓ No more than 10 items of clothes per person
✓ Clothes must be dropped between 18.30-18.45hrs. Anyone turning up after 18.45 won’t be guaranteed entry as this is the sorting time the team needs
✓ All clothes must be in a bag (which you can have back to reuse to take your new finds home in). There needs to be a clear sticker, that won't come off on the bag with your full name. The sticker is also where we write down how many tokens you have.
✓ All un-swapped clothes will be donated to SOLD - Shoreham Opportunity For Learning Disabilities. If you want un-swapped stuff back then it is your responsibility to label it, a piece of paper with a safety pin works well. You can then collect at the end of the swap.
✓ Only bring clothes that you would normally sell, not items that you would just take to a charity shop. We are pretty strict on quality checking all items and if there are any we do not deem suitable to make it a fair swap, they will go straight in the charity shop pile, unless you state you want them back, in which case they must be labelled (as above).
✓ No soiled or heavily damaged clothing (minor repairs like a missing button are fine)
✓ No bathing suits, lingerie or socks,
✓ All swaps are final so please only bring clothes and accessories you are certain you can happily part with
✓ Dress appropriately! Remember you might want to try things on that you like the look of!
✓ Feel free to browse the rails and try things on like in a normal shop
✓ Please don't take more than 3 items at a time to try on
✓ Please return items to their original display location if you decide not to take them home
✓ Be respectful of all styles and clothes at the swap (these are the clothes of other attendees who may overhear your comments)
✓ Encourage other swappers in their style choices
✓ Please only take an equal number of things home as to what you brought in the first place.
✓ And most important of all. Have fun!
**We will send you Covid Safety Rules nearer the time and any updates nearer the event. If this event does not go ahead you will be fully refunded**